Friday 24 June 2011

OUT OF THE BLUE!

Every day something new happens, building up to my birthday on July 4th when my second book "One Woman's War" published by Candy Jar Books  is launched in a superb hardback version. I look at the post each morning and wonder what is the next surprise. Yesterday I received three letters - one from a WAAF who had served during the war as an Instrument Repairer, a vital job and the second from a Squadron Leader who had become a Filterer Officer like me, and it transpires that I was his training Officer at RAF Bawdsey when he first joined up. He went on to serve in Filter Rooms overseas  including India, Ceylon and the Cocos Keeling Islands. Speaking subsequently to him by phone, the third piece of news came from a Wing Commander Bomber Commander. I wonder where the next surprise is coming from?

Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment