Tuesday 9 October 2012

WHY I WRITE...


I decided to do a little self-analysis and came up with the following results!

Why I Write...

I wrote to record but now
I write to reveal,
I write to remember
I write to connect with the past,
I write to influence the future,
I write to savour the present,
I write for pleasure or to overcome pain,
I write when I’m glad, when I’m sad, when I’m lonely,
I write with spontaneity mostly, with effort occasionally,
I write as if I'm talking to a friend,
I write frequently,
I write letters and poems, prose and reports,
I write of the good in the world and the bad,
I write always in hope of a reader,
I write prepared to be criticised, condemned or congratulated,
I write because I love words and the effect of words,
I write to my friends every Christmas with a report of the year,
I write for my own satisfaction and hopefully others pleasure,
I write to keep in touch,
I write when I cannot sleep,
I write to forget,
I write and I write and I write.

Eileen Younghusband



No comments:

Post a Comment